March is the perfect time to get outdoors and start gardening. Whether you’re looking to create a beautiful garden, fill in some landscaping or just spruce up your outdoor space, there are plenty of plants to choose from that you can plant in March. Here we’ll take a look at some of the best plants to plant in March in Derbyshire, England.
If you’re looking to bring some colour to your garden in March, then you’ll be glad to know that there are a range of flowering plants that can be planted. Primroses, pansies and wallflowers are all great choices for a colourful garden. These flowers tend to prefer cooler weather, so planting them in March ensures that they will have plenty of time to establish roots before the warmer weather arrives.
If you’re looking to add some greenery to your outdoor space, then you can’t go wrong with evergreen shrubs and trees. These are ideal for providing year-round colour and texture, making them the perfect choice for a lasting addition to your garden. Popular evergreen varieties to plant in March include holly, boxwood, yew and privet.
Fruit trees are also a great choice for March as they will have plenty of time to establish roots before the warmer weather arrives. Popular varieties for Derbyshire in March include apple, pear, plum and cherry trees.
Vegetables are another great choice for March. Cabbages, Brussels sprouts, cauliflowers, broccoli and leeks are all great choices for March. These vegetables will be ready to harvest in the summer.
Finally, don’t forget to add some herbs to your garden! Herbs such as thyme, chives, parsley and oregano are all great choices for March.
With so many options available, you are sure to find something that will fit your gardening style and make your outdoor space look beautiful.
1. Primroses, pansies and wallflowers. (n.d.). Retrieved April 8, 2021, from https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?PID=818
2. Evergreen shrubs and trees. (n.d.). Retrieved April 8, 2021, from https://www.gardenersworld.com/plants/evergreen-shrubs-and-trees/
3. Fruit trees for Derbyshire. (n.d.). Retrieved April 8, 2021, from https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/plant-trees/fruit-trees-derbyshire/
4. What vegetables should I plant in March? (n.d.). Retrieved April 8, 2021, from https://www.gardenersworld.com/plants/what-vegetables-should-i-plant-in-march/
5. Growing herbs. (n.d.). Retrieved April 8, 2021, from https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/grow-your-own/herbs